People following social distance
– Photo: Social Media
Listen to the news
Registered under the Establishment Act of the State and Union Territories located in the Municipal Corporation and Municipality area, only shops located near or in the market of residential colonies can be opened.
Shopping complexes and market complexes including multi and single brand showrooms will not be opened. According to the order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs late Friday, only 50 percent of the employees will be able to work at the shops. They have to follow social distance, always wear masks and strictly follow the rules of sanitization.
Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla has said in his order that any colony within the boundary of the Municipal Corporation and the municipality, will be allowed to open shops located in and around the resident area. However, the shops in the urban area within the urban body boundary will remain closed till 3 May as before.
No relief in hotspots and containment zones
At the same time, the areas affected by the corona which have been identified as hotspots and containment zones, there is currently no relief and such areas will continue to be fully locked down till May 3. Earlier, the government had issued an advisory and approved the opening of shops for essential commodities like ration, milk, vegetables and fruits. All kinds of shops have been allowed to open outside the urban limits.
These conditions will apply
- All shops should be registered under the Establishment Act of the respective state / union territories.
- Only 50 percent of the employees will be at work. Shopping malls will remain closed.
- Social distancing (social distance) will also have to be followed.
- Shopkeepers will inevitably have to wear masks.
Corona cases in the country
- As of Friday, the total infection cases in the country stood at 23,452.
- So far 724 people have died due to this epidemic.
- 4813 people have recovered from this global epidemic.
- The most affected by Corona is Maharashtra where there are more than 6000 cases and 283 deaths.
Emergency service: Army is also ready to deliver essential goods
The chiefs of the three armies have assured Defense Minister Rajnath Singh that the Army is ready to deliver essential goods to the Gully mohallas in view of the Corona epidemic and the local administration can take help in this task. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday reviewed the measures along with the three army chiefs and top officials of the ministry, including Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat. Army chiefs said, the situation is under control after some army and navy officers and soldiers are infected. Social distancing has been taken care of in activities like practice and PT. Rajnath warned that the enemy should not take advantage of this delicate situation in any way.